FOUNDER, PRO-CHANCELLOR AND CHAIRMAN, GOVERNING COUNCIL
Aliyu Ahman-Pategi, son of foremost nationalist and patriarch of Nigerian nationhood in the immediate post independence era, Alhaji Galadima Ahman-Pategi, was born in Patigi on the 31st of December 1964. He had his primary education in Patigi at the Sudan Interior Mission, Patigi and Patigi Central School Patigi, after which he proceeded to the Government Secondary School, Ilorin, for his secondary education. Aliyu Ahman-Pategi bagged his first degree in International Relations from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Though he went straight into business, where he has been successful, his knack for knowledge prompted him to further his education at the University of Abuja, where he obtained a Master’s degree in Political Economy and Development in 2002. He is currently rounding off his PhD programme at Nile University, Abuja.
Hon. Aliyu Ahman-Pategi is the Chief Executive Officer of Platform Nigeria Limited, a Civil Engineering Construction firm and also the Chief Executive Officer of Ahman Pategi Farms with a vast array of cash crop plantations and other subsidiary ventures. He was a Director of Tranex Courier Nigeria Limited before he received a call from his people to serve them at the National Assembly.
Honourable Ahman-Pategi demonstrates pure altruism with an avowed commitment to the general good of his people at the grassroots with every little opportunity that he has even before becoming a member of the House of Representatives. For example, he annually rehabilitated the Saachi Nupeko road, a project central to the economic wellbeing of his constituents, from his own personal funds, a responsibility he adopted long before he started his legislative career.
Since becoming a member of the House of Representatives, Aliyu had executed various constituency projects in each of the Local Government Areas constituting his Federal constituency of Edu, Moro and Patigi Local Government Areas. Aliyu is a friend of the masses, an ally of the poor. As a result of his determination to reduce the pang of poverty amongst his constituents, Aliyu commissioned a six million naira revolving micro credit scheme in partnership with the National Poverty Alleviation Programme (NAPEP), which has been in operation since June 2007. He had also successfully sponsored and lobbied several projects in rural electrification, erosion control, education, health and provision of potable water through installation of boreholes in his Edu/Moro/Patigi Federal Constituency.
Hon. Aliyu Ahman-Pategi was re-elected back into the House of Representatives for another term of four years in 2011. He was the Chairman of the Committee on Water Resources of the House of Representatives in the 7th National Assembly.
Hon. Aliyu is truly a detribalized Nigerian, speaking as many as four Nigerian languages fluently Nupe, English, Yoruba and Hausa. The Chairman of the Governing Council and Pro-Chancellor of Ahman Pategi University is married with children.
APU : YOUR FUTURE BEGINS HERE
Ahman Pategi University is an approved citadel of higher learning by the Federal Government of Nigeria. It is located in Patigi, the headquarters of Patigi Local Government Area of Kwara state, Nigeria, some 164 kilometers from Ilorin, the state capital.
The University provides high quality education that leads to the development of a balanced person (the Total Man) with a good head, a sound heart and skilled hands. In APU, the cognitive, affective and psychomotor domains of learning are healthily integrated to produce highly competent and socially responsible graduates with 21st Century skills.
Wise minds, skilled hands
Life is about learning
The objectives of the University are to:
- provide a University of International Standards for learning, research, acquisition of specialised skills and comprehensive training of students by empowering them to practically apply knowledge and skills to the benefit of humanity;
- provide access to quality university education for qualified candidates who cannot be accommodated in the existing universities despite meeting the basic qualification requirements;
- complement the efforts of Government in bridging the yawning employment gap by creating employment opportunities for Nigerians and Africans;
- develop students' character through a functional curriculum that respects the value of every student and promotes national integration and harmonisation of Nigeria's ethnic and religious diversity;
- enhance competence in university education through specialised, flexible and innovative academic and professional programmes leading to the award of first degrees, higher degrees and diplomas with emphasis on technical, managerial, creative and professional skills acquisition;
- encourage and promote the advancement of learning and to hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed, sex, political conviction or physical disability the opportunity of acquiring university education; and
- undertake other activities appropriate for teaching, research and community service as expected of a university of high standard.